Monday, February 13, 2012

Pitcher Pick-Up...part II?

I asked the question a few minutes ago...but now I have more to add/ask...

Original question was Colby Lewis or Ervin Santana? Better long term and short term....Now I want to also throw Clay Buchholz in the mix too...I know he has pitched pretty well so far.

Thoughts? Need someone to get wins and K's...

ThanksPitcher Pick-Up...part II?
If you need wins Buchholz is your man. Although he won't get you many K's since he's only picking up a few per outing.



If you want K's then Lewis is your man. He tied the Rangers team record for K's in April tying Nolan Ryan. Hard to say if he can stand up over the course of a season but he returned from Japan having learned a nice little curve ball which so far has kept batters on their toes.



If you can work both Buchholz and Lewis onto your team that's your best bet right now.Pitcher Pick-Up...part II?
You need Ks and Ws?



Buchholz, without a doubt.



He's on Boston, which means he'll be in line for wins just cause his team is good. And he's a solid strikeout guy as well.



I'm not yet sold on Colby Lewis at all, so between the other two I'd favor Santana. They both come with risk... but Santana plays for a better team, so his chances of snagging wins is probably better than Lewis'.Pitcher Pick-Up...part II?
I have Buchholz on my team. I love him, his outing last night wasn't fantastic, but he'll get past that. He'll get you wins, even with bad outings, a perfect example is last nights performance 4 earned runs and still pulls out the win.



I also just picked up Colby Lewis. He hasn't played for me yet, but hopefully he strong start continue. I would however pick up Ervin Santana over Lewis in your situation. I would have taken him, but he's already been picked up and traded in my league.



Good luck!
  • ruby tuesday menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment