Friday, January 27, 2012

Why does the noise on my CB radio get quieter when I hold onto the Mic Cable?

I'm assuming this is a grounding issue, I may be wrong. All grounds seem okay though. Also, how much atmospheric noise is common? This is my first CB radio and don't know how much to expect.



I have the Cobra 19 DX IV Compact CB Radio, with a Firestik FS5 - 5 FT 5/8 WAVE 1000 WATT antennaWhy does the noise on my CB radio get quieter when I hold onto the Mic Cable?
idkWhy does the noise on my CB radio get quieter when I hold onto the Mic Cable?
static varies depending on weather conditions and locations, make sure the antenna is matched to the radio and all the connections are tight, it may also be caused by alternator or ignition noise, when you touch the mic cable you are grounding it better so you may have a bad factory mic, get it checked or replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment