Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the amp rateing of a portable cb radio Help?

Ok so I have a decent setup I have a cobra portable 12v cb and a 48in whip antenna inside the house my AC to DC transformer blew and I was wondering if I could use a charger like on of thoes little black boxes for a cell phone I have a 12v adapter what AMP rating should I use so i dont blow my radioWhat is the amp rateing of a portable cb radio Help?
For a standard CB you need at least a 3AMP supply with an output between 12 and 14volts.

A regulated supply is very much preferred over a non-regulated one but they of course do cost more.



Forget about using any plugback type of wall-wart supply.

They rarely are rated anything above 1 AMP., and are also not often regulated.



Using a supply that cant supply the radio with what it requires will affect your transmitted power and voice quality , and often add a buzz sound to your transmission.



Your best bet is to buy a proper CB power supply , they are not all that expensive.





PS . don't use car battery chargers either. !
  • christian book
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment