Friday, January 27, 2012

Was the break-up my fault?

Well, about a little over a year ago I was in a long-distance relationship, but it came to a end after he left me for another girl.When we was together his mother interfered a lot even dictating our sex-life, he's in his 20's and she wouldn't allow him to come visit me so I was the one flying out to see him.I guess she didn't like me because I didn't finish high-school, however, at the time I was a dental assistant, and he was just a busser at redlobster barely entering community-college.We had other problems besides her dislike of me...He would literally put everybody else in his life above me even didn't buy me a christmas present one year after I spent 100's of dollars on him, and he'd constantly hangout with his friends more than talking to me on the phone.He even had female friends, but he didn't allow me to have guy friends, so towards the end I made friends with a male coworker and he didn't like it.I mean he did have good reasons because the guy was very actractive you know a real ladies-man even flirted with me, but I was honest and told him about it so there wouldn't be any secrets.He basically forbided me to have any contact with him which was hard since we worked together.Well, to make this very long story short he ended up cheating on me, and broke-up with me through text messaging.The whole time we was breaking uphe basically blamed me for everything, and since then I've been guilt ridden...So I just wanna know was it my fault because I complained alot?Was the break-up my fault?
how can that possibly be your fault?! The guy sounds like a selfish creep to me. You could do so much better than that. Who was he to tell you what friends you could have? You are way better off without him. It was totally not you fault.Was the break-up my fault?
The two of you just weren't compatible. You wanted different things when it came to relationships with each other and other people (a relationship is how you relate with other people, such as friends, family, associates or boyfriends/girlfriends, wives/husbands). That was the problem and so the break up wasn't anyone's fault, it was simply inevitable.
Not your fault.



He had a set of rules for him- and one for you- and they werent the same.



If he is in his 20s- he could ahve come out to see you- as who is his mother to tell him what to do- especially if he had a great job- better than yours??? Shoulda been 50/50Was the break-up my fault?
He lied, cheated and finally left. You are not to blame, he would have drained you, being a Mommy's boy on top of that. You can do a lot better, don't give it another thought you will find another man.
Yes and no. This is very common with long distant relationships. Most people need more contact that a phone call or two and when those phone calls are negative, most usually find other, more fun and positive relationships.Was the break-up my fault?
you should have broken up with him along time ago

he sounds like he was a horrible boyfriend

you should be with someone who goes and sees you and doesnt always listen to his mother he was grown up not 14
no. that guy sounds like a total loser and you deserve better. find someone who appreciates you.
No you are the victim. Yeah I'm sure you weren't perfect but sounds like him and his mother screwed it up. Complaining is no excuse for cheating!
@$#% no.
He just wasn't that into you. Move on.
whoa, you are way too good for him!! he's a loser who never deserved to have you!! don't feel guilty - he's the one who strayed, he's the one who didn't try to make the relationship work. don't waste your time trying to figure out what you did wrong coz you didn't do anything wrong. be thankful you've seen his true colours - now it's just time to pick up and move on.
No you complained a lot but honestly where along life will a man know that he is wrong if he doesn't have someone he loves and cares about point it out for him, not all the time but still, he was just probably offended by what you did and took it the heart, alot of men sometimes forbid people to talk to certain people if they see it's gonna be trouble,but he was also wrong for jumping the gun and cheating on you,but yeah he probably just felt betrayed but overreacted and he did alot more things wrong,not paying attention to you and not buying you things, but in general that relationship just needed to be talked through and I'm sure you could communicate with and tell him how you felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment