Monday, January 30, 2012

I have a CB radio every time I key up my computer shuts down why is this?

I notice that since I have a stronger CB radio Lines come across my tv more especially channel 2 ..mind you i have cablevision and my computer system shuts down ..any remedies ..anybody else has this problem ...plz get back to meI have a CB radio every time I key up my computer shuts down why is this?
Your CB is causing the interference due to the output being picked up by your cablevision and PC (either through the cables, power leads, or directly.)

Try putting a low-pass filter in the antenna lead AT THE RADIO, and Ferrite chokes on the power leads of radio, tv, computer (I assume it is a 110ac radio.)

ALSO, move the radio and computer as far apart as possible.

Be SURE the radio is GROUNDED properly. (See manual)





My Kilowatt output ham unit does NOT bother a computer. In fact I use an older computer (with appropriate software) to control the radio IN THE SAME ROOM!!I have a CB radio every time I key up my computer shuts down why is this?
are they powered in the same outlet? if so, the cb could be drawing too much current or voltage. this drop can cause a computer to power down to protect itself. try to power them through seperate outlets, possibly circuits if possible.I have a CB radio every time I key up my computer shuts down why is this?
Try these:



- Move the computer away from the radio, antenna, and coax to reduce RF interference.



- Put the computer on a different circuit breaker and/or plug the computer into a UPS to avoid power dropouts.



- Turn down your amplifier and get a ham license.
CB's messing with tv reception, even cable is not all that uncommon. The frequencies are pretty close to each other. The CB messing with the computer is a bit odd. If you are running an amplifier with the CB, I would suspect that the amp is pulling down the ac voltage enough to cause the pc to loose power. Try raising your CB antenna higher and see if that helps the TV situation. I would also use high quality coax for the cable connections.
  • yamaha atv
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment