Friday, January 27, 2012

Can I use my existing car antenna to run a CB radio?

I dont want a CB antenna hanging on my car, the paint is very nice and my car isnt made of much metal, I do not use my radio so i am wondering can i route a cb antenna cord to my antenna?Can I use my existing car antenna to run a CB radio?
Yes you can.



There are available signal combiners and antenna tuners.

With this combination you can use the cars standard antenna for both the CB and car radio.



You adjust the match to the CB with the tuner.



However this arrangement is highly inefficient and range will be limited , but if your looking for close car to car convoy type of communication it may just be good enough.Can I use my existing car antenna to run a CB radio?
no you can't. you have to have a cb antenna to get your reception...if you want reception. and there are ways of mounting an antenna on a car and making it look respectable it can also be doen without drilling holes through the outside of the body if you're good enough to do it. but running a cb off a regular car antenna won't work. you're left with 2 options no cb or put an antenna on your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment