Monday, January 30, 2012

What is a good size CB radio aerial for my home?

I have recently bought a CB radio and i need an antenna for it and i was wondering what is a good size antenna for the side of my house, i was also wondering where else i could mount the antenna as i can not get it on the roof.



CheersWhat is a good size CB radio aerial for my home?
Could always do what I did when I use to live in apartments. Get an Antron 99A 18ft cb antenna, a 5ft tripod for antenna masts and around 10-20 feet of antenna mast. This will get the antenna roughly about 30 feet up in the air. With that being done, you would also need to have guy wires going from the mast to the ground to keep it all from tipping over if wind got up too high. A long copper rod in the ground with copper wiring attached would be good to redirect lightning if it decided to strike your antenna.
  • auto salvage
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment