Monday, January 30, 2012

How to set up a CB Radio?

I just got a uniden pro 500 Cb radio with a firestik II antenna. Would I need to adjust the antenna before I use the CB? Also would I need a SWR meter or could I adjust it with my fingers to get the right reception. Also im pretty sure that to adjust the squelch you turn the knob until you dont hear any noise??



ThanksHow to set up a CB Radio?
First and foremost... Do Not turn the radio on without the antenna connected.......



The antenna is preadjusted from the factory to the middle of the CB band - channel 20.... You will not need an SWR meter.... If you plan on using the radio a lot with friends at either end of the CB radio spectrum like channel 1 to 5 or channel 35 to 40 then I would recommend you get an SWR meter......



Adjust squelch?.... Turn the knob slowly until the sound stops coming out of the speakers.... If You you turn it all the way then the squelch will not "open" so to speak.... So turn it enough to get the background hissing noise stop (not conversations).......How to set up a CB Radio?
I have this blog about cb radios,

http://jokermancbelectronics.blogspot.com/ , if you need more staff go to: http://www.jokermancbelectronics.com/

Report Abuse

  • auto auction
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment