Friday, January 27, 2012

What do I need to run a CB Radio?

Im looking to get a CB radio in my car. I was wondering what all I needed to buy with it. Also, I live in kentucky, was wondering if these things are still popular.What do I need to run a CB Radio?
I live in Colorado, and can hear lots of people using their CB radios on a regular basis. When travelling cross-country, I always 'have my ears on', as a decent radio is better than any radar detector when it comes to finding out where speed traps exist. Many people still use CB.



As far as what you need, the set typically comes with a radio and handset. You usually need to purchase an antenna (the most important part, talk to someone who is knowledgeable about radios to get the proper length and type), and possibly extra power wiring for the radio. Be sure to use a fuse. If any of this sounds like Greek, the guys at Radio Shack or any local electronics shop can set you up.



Be mindful that using an amp on your CB is illegal, and if caught (which can happen, as most amps are home-brewed affairs and not very well-built), you can face fines from the FCC, not to mention the wrath of other users if your amp is shoddy and causes interference.



Have fun!What do I need to run a CB Radio?
a cb.. a whip.... thats the antena... and the wires to run it.... but u can also boost your power by gettin a power booster(amp)What do I need to run a CB Radio?
Just a power supply and an antenna, but no very few people use these any more except maybe the long haul truckers.
  • chrome download
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment